Sunday 30 September 2007

End of the month

Ho hum, another month in the books. Firstly, some personal stuff, i was strongly considering dropping out of uni (2nd year mech eng) and going pro as a poker player. However, since i 've been back in leeds i've been reinspired to finish the course for a few reasons, i think i've realised how much i enjoy the uni life and i even enjoy the work (to an extent) though primarily i think it's because i have some really good mates up here and quite a few are on my course. That has motivated me to put some work in and although it's going to take a ton of effort to get a first i think it'll be worth it as i'll be done in like 20 months and it's something that no one can ever take away from me.

Obviously being a winning poker player has a lot of positives but i just feel that right now i can work really hard at uni and still develop as a poker player albeit a bit slower than if i were pro. I would like to think that come june 2009 i'll be leaving with a top class degree from a very good university and have alot of money from poker which would really be a great way to enter the 'real world' so to speak.

Anyway to this months poker results, i think i definitely played poorly in parts this month due to another attempt at 6 tabling which i just cant do successfully. I played 55 hours in september which really isnt enough especially considering i was just chillin at home for half of it.





I ran kinda bad when all in again but nothing too horrendous.

I am pretty happy with my progress as it stands. My aim was to be playing NL400 by now but the reason i am still playing NL200 is because i've had to cash out a ton from my bankroll because of problems with my student loans. I am 100% i can beat NL400 for a good rate.

As far as the next few months are concerned i am just going to try to play 30k hands a month and keep studying and progressing with my game and i still want to be at NL1000 by christmas. Although i'll be pretty happy with beating NL400 for £100+ per hour :) but who knows

have a good one

No comments: